See Inside Your Engine from Inside Your Cab
With Detroit™ Virtual Technician™ you can monitor every aspect of how your Detroit truck engine is running, allowing for real-time maintenance notifications or scheduling service remotely when needed. This groundbreaking technology enables you to stay on top of how well your truck is running no matter your vocation. Your business depends on it.
A Network That Works for You
The trucks of today are more reliable, powerful and fuel efficient than ever. They also rely on quality electronics systems to control the engine and aftertreatment devices. With Detroit™ Virtual Technician™ on board 24/7 monitoring your truck’s Detroit engine and automatically diagnosing engine fault codes, you’re able to stay on the road longer, be more productive on the jobsite and remain in control of your business.
More Uptime. Less Downtime.
Under normal circumstances, if the check engine light illuminates, it’s up to the driver to take the truck to the nearest technician, who must then use expensive equipment and valuable time to determine the fault code and diagnose the problem. The delay between the event and service can result in even more damage. With Detroit’s Virtual Technician, the information goes straight to the source the second the fault code is issued, removing delays and guesswork. The High-Definition GPS/JBUS system, located in the truck, takes a snapshot of the truck’s status for a period of time before and after the fault code event. As soon as it happens, you receive an email with:
- Fault Code and Description
- Severity of the Service (info, soon, now)
- Contact Information for the Customer Support Center (CSC)
- Service Location Locator
Schedule Orders and Service in Advance
As soon as a fault code is recorded, your fleet manager or technician knows about the issue and can alert you on how to proceed. Your chosen service location is contacted ahead of time so the right parts will be there when you arrive and a skilled technician will be ready to roll with repairs. This means reduced on-site diagnostic and repair time.
Features and Benefits
With reduced diagnostic time, faster identification of emerging issues, elimination of repeat service visits and an excellent service experience for the customer, Virtual Technician is another example of how Freightliner Trucks helps your fleet run smart.
Virtual Technician Components
- High-Definition GPS System
- Ground Traffic Control GTC (optional web-based application)
- Reduces downtime
- High-Definition GPS and Ground Traffic Control system monitors and records information—vehicle stops, speeds, routes traveled, mileage by state, excessive idling—to help you manage your business
- Delivers vehicle diagnostics and fault codes as they occur
- Real-time reporting and advanced repair scheduling and parts ordering means no more maintenance delays
Capture Data (GTC)
- Captures longitude, latitude, time and odometer data
- Provides data on vehicle stops, speeds, routes traveled, excessive idling and on-board events
Fleet managers also have the option of remotely monitoring vehicles from state to state to ensure their trucks are performing at their highest level. The system allows tracking of: location, travel history, stop time, idle time, total mileage and by state, fuel consumption, diagnostics, and other trip reporting functions.