Reposition Your Fleet
You stop. You go. You generate power along the way. You save fuel. Freightliner Trucks’ Business Class® M2 106 diesel-electric hybrid trucks are a perfect solution for stop-and-go and high-idling vocational operations. Whether using the hybrid system’s electric motor to launch the vehicle or its electronic power take-off (ePTO) capability, you’re adding green to your bottom line, while going green through reduced fuel consumption.
up to 55,000 lbs
200 to 325 HP
520 to 750 lb/ft
When you invest in our M2 106 Hybrid trucks, you not only benefit from the powerful combination of product knowledge, resources and service/support systemsâ€”you're also backed by the advanced technological expertise of Daimler Trucks North America, LLC and global parent company, Daimler AG. Daimler is shaping future transportation through hybrid electric truck initiatives focused on providing greater fuel economy and lower emissions.
The Performance You Need
Powered by the Cummins ISB 6.7 liter engine with a variety of horsepower/torque ratings up to 325 hp/750 ft lb torque, the M2 106 Hybrid comes with the Eaton parallel-electric hybrid system. This system features a 6-speed UltraShift transmission, coupled with an electric motor that provides up to an additional 60 hp and 310 ft lb torque at peak.
The M2 106 Hybrid with the Eaton® parallel-electric hybrid system is a proven business tool that positions your company as an industry and environmental leader.
Standard Advantages—and then Some
Available in truck and tractor configurations, Freightliner M2 106 Hybrid trucks not only give you the standard advantages of the Business Class M2 106 like superior maneuverability, visibility, and body builder friendliness, but also a business solution that reduces fuel consumption and adds to your bottom line.
This versatile, hardworking hybrid electric truck is perfect for:
- High stop-and-go applications including pick-up and delivery and food and beverage
- Vocational applications such as dump, HAZMAT, utility and towing
Reduce Idling Time
Optional electronic power take off (ePTO) capability makes M2 106 Hybrid trucks ideal for high-idling applications such as utility and tree trimming. Idle time is reduced up to 87% and fuel consumption up to 60% in ePTO mode.
Add the optional 5 kW auxiliary power generation (APG) unit and realize additional savings. The APG unit provides AC power for lights, tools or refrigeration units using only the power stored in the lithium ion batteries.
How Do Hybrid Electric Trucks Work?
- The Eaton parallel-electric hybrid system enables these electric trucks to operate using the diesel engine alone, or in combination with the hybrid-electric motor.
- The hybrid system’s electric motor provides additional power (up to 60 hp) to launch the vehicle, improving fuel economy in stop-and-go operations.
- The hybrid system’s lithium-ion batteries are recharged through a process called regenerative braking. During braking, the hybrid electric trucks’ kinetic energy is captured and regenerated to charge the hybrid battery. Regenerative braking captures up to 44kW (or 60hp), power that normally is absorbed by the foundation brakes and lost as heat.
- The all new engine-off-at-stop feature provides up to 8% additional fuel savings. When the service brake is applied, at a stop light for example, the engine turns off. When the service brake is released, the engine restarts.
|City Delivery Hybrid||Utility Hybrid||Hybrid Delivery Tractor|
|GVW/GCW||up to 33,000 lb. GVW||up to 40,000 lb. GCW||up to 55,000 lb. GCW|
|PTO||Mechanical PTO Capability||Electronic PTO (ePTO) Capability||Mechanical PTO Capability|
Get rewarded for driving hybrid electric trucks
In addition to all the business payoffs of driving hybrid trucks and helping ensure a clean environment for future generations, government incentives may be available to help with your hybrid purchase. Incentives vary by location, so contact your local Freightliner dealer to find out what rebates and tax incentives are available in your state.
- Download Freightliner’s M2 106 Hybrid Trucks Brochure
- Download DTNA Shaping Future Transportation Brochure