Harder Than the Work
The 122SD is built to be a tough-as-nails workhorse because we know that uptime is king and the average truck can't take the kind of abuse that a harsh environment can dole out.
The solid engineering of the 122SD is designed to handle whatever’s thrown at it. With frame and wheelbase configurations suited to your specific application, this truck can take on just about anything. It also features:
- A durable, proven non-corrosive aluminum cab
- Strong proven cab construction; Henrob rivets used throughout the cab, and coach joints at cab roof and sidewall connections
- State-of-the-art adhesives to bond the cab's substructure to distribute forces and decrease fatigue
- Bonded windshields to increase rigidity and the 2-piece design makes them easier to replace when damaged
- Chrome- plated steel front grill surround, with stainless steel grill
- Single-piece fiberglass hood
- Chrome-plated aluminum hood handle that's built to last
- Standard steel grille opening reinforcements to provide extra strength
- An HVAC unit designed to thrive in harsh environments. Plus easy access under the dash to make repairs a breeze
- Reinforced doors designed to last as long as the truck
- Updated dash with fewer sections for quiet, durable service
Put to the Test
The 122SD is tough. Test after test proves it. The components, systems and entire truck has been subjected to an array of virtual and physical tests to ensure the 122SD delivers the expected function, performance and reliability. The result is a durable and safe cab that meets stringent A-pillar impact, rollover and back wall impact tests. Plus, the vocational chassis includes a robust backbone with a complete offering of single and double channel frame rails. This provides a tensile strength of up to 120,000 psi and an RBM ratio up to 5 million inch-pounds per rail. So it can handle the abuse of a typical job site, no problem.
Experience Robust Electronics
The electronics and wiring systems of the 122SD withstand punishment and maximize the working life of your truck. The electrical connections come out of the front wall of the cab in two distinct 76-pin connectors to simplify wiring and reduce diagnostic time. Also, the redesigned connectors offer tight seals to keep out moisture, resulting in fewer electrical failures from water penetration.
Peace of Mind
With more than 300 Freightliner Trucks dealer locations across the U.S. and Canada, we’ve got you covered with one of the most comprehensive service networks in the business. And, backed from the factory by one of the industry's most complete base warranties, or a wide selection of extended warranties and service support programs.